The Windows Blue Screen of Death is also known as the STOP Error. In fact, it is a popular error and the most common type among the lists of Windows issues.
However, not everyone is actually familiar with the Blue Screen of Death or the BSOD. In fact, there are many users who are asking for help and assistance in fixing this issue.
There are many causes of BSOD and most of the time; it is caused by low-level software, damaged or faulty hardware or drivers. Usually, regular applications on your Windows will not cause the blue screen of death. These apps will just crash alone or in isolation without affecting the operating system.
Today, we will learn how to do the windows 10 blue screen fix plus a bonus tip on how you can recover important files to avoid data loss.
Part 1. Six Quick Fixes to Windows 10 Blue Screen of DeathPart 2. Recover Computer Data Safely-Recommended SolutionPart 3. Summary
Part 1. Six Quick Fixes to Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death
Upon seeing the Blue Screen error in Windows 10, your computer will automatically restart and will give you an opportunity to fix the issue.
Here are the 6 quick fixes if you are suffering with Windows 10 blue screen of death:
6 Quick Solutions to Do Windows 10 Blue Screen Fix
- Solution 1. Boot in Safe Mode
- Solution 2. Disable the Automatic Restart
- Solution 3. Update Windows
- Solution 4. Scan for Malware and Viruses
- Solution 5. Use System Restore
- Solution 6. Use the Built-in Windows 10 Troubleshooter
Solution 1. Boot in Safe Mode
Safe mode is believed to resolve various Windows problems including the deadly blue screen in Windows 10.
Windows 10 has a better method to access the Safe Mode as compared to earlier Windows versions. Check out this guide:
- On your computer, go to your Settings and click on Update & Recovery and select Recovery
- Click Restart Now, under Advanced Startup and wait for the Advanced Startup options screen to appear and then choose Troubleshoot
- Select Startup Settings on the next screen and then click Restart to boot to Safe Mode
If you don’t see any blue screen in the safe mode environment, then the issue may be caused by third-party applications or drivers. You then need to find and troubleshoot third-party drivers and apps.
Solution 2. Disable the Automatic Restart
The default initiation of Windows when the blue screen of death occurs is to restart automatically. You may not be given enough time to read and note more about the given error. To have a better understanding of the said error, you can disable the auto-restart in Windows by following these steps:
- On your computer desktop find and right-click This PC
- Scroll down and select Properties
- Go to Advanced System Settings
- Click Settings under Startup and Recovery
- Un-check the box for Automatically Restart under System Failure
- Click OK
Solution 3. Update Windows
Another possible issue that has caused the Blue Screen of Death or BSOD is an outdated version of Windows. Some essential security patches in Windows need to be updated regularly in order to fix any possible issues that may happen.
However, Windows 10 is actually updating automatically so there is no need for you to do much. But, you can delay or set a Metered Connection.
Setting a metered connection on your Windows PC or laptop will give you enough time to let the users test and use the new updates and spare your own from possible update glitches.
Here is how to set a metered connection on Windows 10:
- Open the Settings on your Windows 10
- Find and click Network & Internet
- Go to Wi-Fi and select Manage Known Networks
- Locate your own wireless network and click Properties
- Select Metered Connection subheading
- Toggle the bar On
Solution 4. Scan for Malware and Viruses
Sometimes, the BSOD or Blue screen of death is also triggered by unsolicited viruses and malware. If you don’t have any anti-virus software installed on your PC then it’s high time to get one.
And if you already have, run a scan and wait for the result. The anti-virus program will tell you which parts of your system have been affected and the software will be the one to isolate and remove the said virus.
Solution 5. Use System Restore
A System restore will help you restore the Windows system prior to any software or application installation you made. This will give you time to rectify the issue especially if you have downloaded and installed a damaged driver or firmware.
You can find the System Restore by doing the following:
- Open the Control Panel and go to Recovery
- Select Open System Restore and follow the onscreen steps
- If you want to set a restore point, then choose Configure System Restore and click Create
Solution 6. Use the Built-in Windows 10 Troubleshooter
Another fast solution to fix the Windows 10 blue screen of death is to run the built-in Windows troubleshooter. This will prompt your Windows to run and scan the entire system and update you with the results.
Follow this guide on how to run the Windows Troubleshooter:
- Click Start and then proceed to Settings
- Find and click Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot
- You can find the Blue Screen of Death under the Find and Fix Other Problems Heading
Part 2. Recover Computer Data Safely-Recommended Solution
The Blue Screen of Death is easy to fix but if the issue is beyond troubleshooting already and your data will be put at risk, you need reliable software that could retrieve all the important data.
Your personal files saved on the computer such as your documents, pictures, videos, music, and others will be completely gone if you will not do anything to save them.
Data Recovery Recover deleted image, document, audio and more files. Get deleted data back from computer (including Recycle Bin) and hard drives. Recover loss data caused by disk accident, operation system crushes and other reasons. Free Download Free Download
We recommended using FoneDog Data Recovery program to quickly, safely, and effectively recover any files (even deleted contents) from any drive such as your hard drive, memory card, SD card, Flash Drive, Windows computer and Mac, including the Recycle bin.
Highlights of FoneDog Data Recovery:
- Recovers data such as Email, Images, Videos, Documents, Audio, Archives, and more
- Provides Quick and Deep Scan mode for recovery
- Previews Files prior to Recovery
- Easy to Use and 100 % Guaranteed Safe
FoneDog Data Recovery is compatible with all kinds of computers, Flash drive, and hard drive and memory cards.
Part 3. Summary
Experiencing the Blue Screen of Death for the first time will really trigger fear and anxiety especially when you don’t have any technical backgrounds. However, this issue should not hinder you from getting the most from your device.
In this new post, we discussed the various ways on how to fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death as well as the best recovery software to use in case there is a need to retrieve all your personal information.